POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Escher POV museum (78kbbu) : Re: Escher POV museum (78kbbu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 17:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Escher POV museum (78kbbu)
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 27 Jan 2000 05:56:52
Message: <389023D0.53819E7D@xs4all.nl>
I must admit that ever the first version I didn't expect it to become
such a great thing (yet another Escher-interpretation...). But you've
made it into a a real post-modern masterpiece ;)
I think a larger version would be nice.
The image seems a bit crowded with the paintings all very close to each
other. This makes it look more like a late 19th centure 'salon' then a
museum. The copperlike texture also make it look slightly archaic.
Perhaps you could town down the stone structure just a little bit?
It seems you gave each image a little spotlight which I think is nice.
It isn't to clear everywhere, some images disappear a bit into darkness.
I wonder how it would look if you gave the images a higher ambient-value
(I have no idea if this works with imagemaps).
Anyway, a great technical achievement.

Have you seen Peter Houstons version of this Escher-image?

Remco